Monday, December 23, 2002

I received a reply from the Ombudsman today:

"..Dear Mr Frost,

I apologise for the delay in replying.

Unfortunately as your complaint is about an event which happened before any
financial regulation came into force, there is no other body that I could
refer you to. For instance, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme which
can consider complaints against firms that are unable to pay claism made
against them, was set up to investigate matters after 28 August 1988, when
its powers came into force.

I am sorry that I cannot be of anymore assistance to you...."

Whilst waiting for The Times and Consumers' Association to reply, I will consider what to do over the Christmas vac. If anyone has any suggestions please post them on the Forum or email me, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment