If you believe you’ve been mis-sold an endowment mortgage, you can make a complaint but there are time limits for doing so.
Which? has guides help you navigate the complaints process, including when to refer a complaint to the ombudsman.
There are strict time limits for complaining about mis-sold endowments. Read the Which? guide to see if you're owed compensation, and how to claim it.
Do you have reason to believe you were mis-sold your mortgage? Read the Which? guide to understand what constitutes mortgage mis-selling.
If you want to complain about a mis-sold endowment and you're within the stated time limits for complaining, here's what you should do.
There are many reasons why you may think you've been mis-sold your
mortgage. If you think you were mis-sold, use this Which? template
letter to complain.
Tax Investigation Insurance
Having a Solar Protect Tax Investigation Insurance policy at your disposal means that should you be one of the many 1000's of businesses or individuals that are selected by HMRC each year to look into your tax affairs your own accountant (your tax return agent) can get on and defend you robustly.
You have the peace of mind knowing that your accountant's (your tax return agent) fees will be paid by the insurance without any Excess for you to find.
Tax Investigation Insurance is an insurance policy that will fully reimburse your accountants (your tax return agent) fees up to £100,000 if you are subject to enquiry by or dispute with HMRC.
A Solar Protect policy will enable your Accountant (your tax return agent) to:
- Deal with any correspondence from HMRC
- Attend any meeting with HMRC
- Appeal to the First-tier Tribunal or Upper Tribunal
- Having the security of knowing that fees will be met in full will enable your Accountant (your tax return agent) to defend your position robustly
- Premiums are Annual Premiums.
- Premiums are inclusive of 12% IPT.
- Premiums and IPT are due in full in advance / at commencement of scheme.
- There is a NIL excess on all policies.
Please click here for details.