Monday, November 11, 2002

I have received a number of emails from visitors with similar problems. One I highlight below (I have taken out personal details so as not to predjudice the case):

"...my endowment is projected to shortfall max £XK. I complained
to the provider ( .... - same reasons as you,
promised it would pay off, plus a surplus etc) and have been offered a miserly
£YK once and for all ex gratia offer of redress. I contactd the FSA who
agreed with the basis of the offer ( to put me back where I would have been if
I'd taken out a repayment mortgage - no calculation of the cost of raising the
rest of the capital sum!)I replied citing the Halifax case and asked for £ZK
( based on 6% growth). They replied no way. I have 10 days to accept or
decline the offer. I need legal advice!....."

I am not a lawyer, but it seems to me setting a 10 day take it or leave it deadline smacks of bully boy tactics.

What do others think?

No comments:

Post a Comment